- This event has passed.
VATS Virtual Meeting Program 2021 – Supported by Medtronic
November 18 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm AEDT
As part of Medtronic’s commitment to ongoing education, we are pleased to offer a 2-part virtual program that provides a theoretical foundation in advanced VATS techniques.
This virtual meeting program will look at the clinical experiences from various VATS surgeons across the country.
Meeting #1 – Wednesday, September 15th, 7:30pm AEST (5:30pm AWST, 9:30pm NZST) via a Zoom platform
Meeting #2 – Thursday, November 18th, 7:30pm AEDT (4:30pm AWST, 9:30pm NZDT) via a Zoom platform
A/Prof Gavin Wright – Consultant Thoracic surgeon,
Research Lead for Lung Cancer, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
Director of Surgical Oncology. St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
Naveed Alam – Consultant Thoracic surgeon.
St Vincent’s and Epworth Hospitals
Senior Lecturer and Surgical Lead, University of Melbourne
Night 1 – Thoracic database & treatment options
- Thoracic database update – QLD experience – Chris Cole
- ANZSCTS THOR database update – Jazmin Eckhaus
- The current options for management of resectable Stage IIIA disease – Gavin Wright / Naveed Alam
Night 2 – How do I do segmental resections?
- Minimally invasive 2-port VATS segmentectomy – Felicity Miekle
- How I do segmental resections – Robotic VATS – A/Prof Christopher Cao
- ERAS and Thoracics – Lucas Sanders
- Update of latest trials of importance to thoracic surgeons – VIOLET, JCOG 0802, ADAURA – Gavin / Naveed