The objectives of the Society are:
- To establish and maintain appropriate programmes of continuing education in Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- To organise and conduct Scientific programmes relating to cardiothoracic surgery at the Annual Scientific Meetings of the ANZSCTS and on such other occasions as may be decided upon from time to time.
- To bring together the Cardiac and Thoracic surgeons of Australia and New Zealand and other parts of the world for discussion and demonstration of Cardiothoracic subjects.
- To improve the quality and practice of Cardiac and Thoracic surgery.
- To promote and represent the professional development and interests of Cardiac and Thoracic surgeons.
- To encourage basic and clinical research in Cardiac and Thoracic surgery.
- To publish a scientific Journal of Cardiac and Thoracic surgery.
- To provide a forum for the presentation of scientific and clinical subjects in Cardiac and Thoracic surgery.
- To facilitate and regulate the training of Cardiac and Thoracic surgeons in Australia and New Zealand.
- To assist in the training of Cardiac and Thoracic surgeons in Asia.
- To advise the Council of the RACS on matters relating to Cardiothoracic Surgery generally and on all matters in any way affecting the interests of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac and Thoracic surgeons in Australia and New Zealand.
Click the link below to download the constitution of the Australian & New Zealand Society of Cardiac & Thoracic Surgeons.