The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Expert Advisory Group (EAG) has released research results and published its draft report to the College on the extent of discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment in the practice of surgery. The report and statements from the College are available on the College’s website. ANZSCTS members should also refer to the email sent to them by ANZSCTS President, Professor Paul Bannon.
Professor Paul Bannon has also discussed the results of the report with the chairman of the EAG, Professor Rob Knowles, on Lateline. The video is available on the ABC website.
The President of RACS, Professor David Watters OBE, has apologised for discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment by surgeons.
Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates may seek support through the RACS Support Program in partnership with Coverage International.
How to contact Converge International:
- Telephone 1300 687 327 in Australia or 0800 666 367 in New Zealand
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify yourself as a Fellow, Trainee or IMG of RACS
- Appointments are available from 8:30am to 6:00pm Mon-Fri (excluding public holiday)
- 24/7 Emergency telephone counselling is available