Please find attached a ‘Save the Date’ flyer for the ASM that will be held in NOOSA, QLD between 8-11 November 2018.
I wish to inform you of a number of changes to the schedule and format to the ASM.
Please ensure you schedule your flights and accommodation so you don’t miss out on the following. Noosa is busy in November so please get in early:
- The Organising Committee has introduced an exciting full day workshop for surgeons to be held on THURSDAY 8 November – The STATISTICS WORKSHOP.
The workshop will be run by Professor David McGiffin, Alfred Health VIC and Professor Arie Pieter Kappetein, Netherlands.
Details of the format of the workshop are to be determined, however this workshop will give surgeons an overview of medical statistics, how to interpret/understand this methodology, practical application and keeping clinicians up to date on reporting standards of medical statistics and data.
Please note: The workshop commences at 8am on Thursday, the day prior to the Main Scientific Meeting. Therefore, if you wish to attend please ensure you book flights to arrive Wednesday 7 November.
- The Society is conscious of the time you allocate to attend the meeting, so we have listened to your feedback and will officially conclude the ASM following the conference dinner on Saturday 10 November.
- Delegates may wish to remain on Sunday 11 November. Our Major Sponsors will have the option to hold an activity in the Plenary session that might be of interest to you. The activities are yet to be determined by the Organising Committee but may be in the form of a breakfast session, interactive session, difficult cases etc. The timing will be between 8:00am to 10:00am leaving you enough time to depart from Noosa or enjoy some extra time at this beautiful resort.
- The Nurses Education Day will incorporate an exciting Allied Health Session/program to encourage attendance from a wider variety of delegates from the Allied Health Profession.
- Major sponsors will have the option to book a private room/suite at the Sofitel Noosa Pacific to host you during the meeting (9 and 10 November). Note: This is only during the meeting times between 8am to 5pm
- The Welcome Reception will be held at the Sofitel Poolside and the Conference Dinner at the Sofitel.
The Organising Committee are busy working on developing the Main Scientific, Trainee Day and Statistics Workshop programs. The program for the Nurses Education Day / Allied Health is nearing completion.
Please regularly check the ASM website: www.anzsctsasm.com for updates.
If possible it would greatly appreciated if you could print the ‘Save the Date’ flyer and post it on your units notice boards and/or email it to your various teams and colleagues.
Should you have any questions please contact me or the ANZSCTS office email@example.com