179255 – Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Temporary full time position available in the Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit, Barwon Health
- Ongoing training and professional development in a supported work environment
- Enhance your career with the largest regional healthcare service in Victoria
About the facility
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. We serve over 500,000 people through efforts of over 8,000 staff and more than 1200 volunteers.
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Unit at Baron Health is the major tertiary provider of adult cardiac surgery and major thoracic oncologic surgery in the Geelong and South West Region. The scope of works covers wide range of operations on heart and lungs.
About the role
Applications are invited for a Medical Specialist in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Barwon Health. This role is a temporary full time role from 2nd September 2023 – 30th August 2024.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate strong clinical skills and knowledge in Thoracic Surgery as well as possessing excellent communication and interpersonal aptitudes. A high level of commitment to top quality patient care is essential.
About the culture
Our staff thrive in a challenging environment, get enjoyment from being part of a highly recognised and skilled team and truly believe they have the opportunities to be their best. Most importantly our dedicated staff live the Barwon Health way with our values under pinning all that we do.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wadawurrung name for the region; Djillong, (Geelong) is means “Tongue of Land”.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
- To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We also strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
We are strongly committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards: About Child Safe Standards | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au) We are also proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments to submit your application for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid -19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.