Wollongong Private Hospital is seeking expressions of interest for a Cardiothoracic Registrar to join the team for the delivery of cardiothoracic services to both private and public patients in the Illawarra. This opportunity will provide high-quality clinical training experience and career development to the successful applicant. Interested individuals must have experience in the management of elective and urgent cardiothoracic patients in an appropriate equivalent hospital facility either in Australia or overseas and some operating experience. The role will include exposure to a wide range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures supported by a team of experienced cardiothoracic surgeons.
About the Role
- Participation in an on-call roster & out of hours working
- Regular operating lists
- Care of pre- and post-operative cardiothoracic patients
- Working with a multidisciplinary surgical team including experienced surgeons, clinical perfusionists, skilled/experienced nurses and cardiac anaesthetists
- Working within a clinical ‘Heart Team’ including cardiothoracic surgeons, multidisciplinary cardiologists, technicians & nurses
- Contributing to the ANZICS database
- Participation in research/clinical trials
Situated approximately 80km south of Sydney, Wollongong Private Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest health care provider. The hospital has 151-beds providing acute medical and surgical care across a range of specialties, with state-of-the-art facilities including ICU, 9 operating theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and day oncology unit. Comprehensive diagnostic facilities and medical consulting suites are also located on site.
Applicants must general AHPRA registration and senior clinical experience in managing cardiothoracic patients.
For Further Enquiries Please Contact:
Steven Rajcany, CEO
Wollongong Private Hospital
T: (02) 4286 1142 or E: RajcanyS@ramsayhealth.com.au